Friday, June 3, 2011

Get Here & Get Out

I hope I am not alone in saying this, but my favorite time of year is finally here.  As much as I love the winter here in Vermont with snowboarding, skiing and sledding, I prefer spring and summer.  The green mountains come to life and show us all the beauty they possess. Who can ask for more?  For me this time of year means time to get outdoors and enjoy some of the greatest things in life including hiking, kayaking, and one of my favorites, biking down the Burlington bike path.  
Typically I start at Oakledge Park and ride the Island Line Trail through the downtown waterfront passing the skate park, dog park and North Beach all the way up to Colchester.  The 12.5 mile ride sounds long, but it has so many sites along the way that you really just forget how you got to the end and sort of wish it hadn’t ended.  Have no fear though, if you didn’t pack your bike with you there are rental places along the way like Local Motion or Ski Rack both in Burlington. 
If biking is not your thing you can skate/blade your way all along the waterfront. Skates are also available for rent at the Ski Rack, or just take a causal walk if it suits your needs.  Check out http://www.champlainbikeways.org/  for more details on the many bike paths that Burlington has to offer.  I hope you will come and enjoy the many sites along your ride as I know I have.
Stacy Germond
General Manager
Holiday Inn Express

No comments:

Post a Comment